Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My first blog - Lord Shri Krishna: The Ultimate Consultant


Hello Readers,

Greetings!!!

This is my first blog ever and I hope I will be able to share some interesting thoughts here.

Being an IT Professional and specially a consultant gives you ample of free time to think about all possible unnecessary things and find value in them. When I think about some heroic figures in my profession, I hardly find anyone to relate with. The reason is, some of them are college dropouts and others are very educated. That means, mediocre like me have very bleak chances of making it big. Nonetheless, one can always be hopeful like the politicians of our country. Pun Intended.

Alright so coming back to heroic figures in consulting business, it was getting difficult for me to find a few names and articulate their approach. And suddenly I thought about Lord Shri Krishna and found an interesting analogy. Here it goes:

Role of a "Consultant" can be simply understood by the "Geeta Gyan" episode of "Mahabharat".

When Arjun found himself helpless in the battlefield, Lord Shri Krishna recited "Bhagvat Geeta" and enabled him to fight and win the battle. Without getting into the specifics when I see as an outsider, I strongly feel that Krishna played the role of a great consultant here.

Lord Shri Krishna could have given a 3-days training course to Arjun and issued a certificate beforehand and got him prepared for the battlefield. But then, there is a possibility that Arjun would have forgotten everything from the training in the battlefield. So Arjun got the "Gyan" when it was much needed. And that is the celebration of the role of a consultant.

Now lets look at Lord Shri Krishna's role here. Lord Shri Krishna was an extremely knowledgeable person with great presence of mind and excellent problem analysis skills. His immense ability to provide practical and relatable examples for given situation helped Arjun to understand "Bhagvat Geeta" and overcome his challenges. He not only advised but enabled Arjun to achieve the target.

Analyzing further, I find it interesting that "Krishna" did not fight the battle for "Arjun" which he could easily do. Instead, he presented himself as a go-to person for anything and everything.

Finally, think about the credibility of the work done by a consultant. Geeta Gyan delivered by Shri Krishna is repeatable, adoptable and comprehensive. It never gets obsolete and can be reused in all similar situation with great ease. And that's why I call Lord Shri Krishna - "The Ultimate Consultant"

So my friends, now we can summarize the role of a "Consultant" - One who can suggest right thing at the right time with great degree of simplification.

Happy Learning,
Aditya Dashora

No comments:

Post a Comment